Thursday, May 29, 2014

fever and school

I had always advised parents that don't sent their child to school if they are feverish. Sometimes, the parents would ask me why, and I would give them a standard answer ,"would you be happy if some sick kids infected you child in school ?"
Well, Ving had felt that Xian was "warm" in the middle of the night. We had a temperature check and he was 37.5°C. I shut off the aircon and within minutes, his temperature had risen to 37.9°C. Well, although he had no cough nor sorethroat. I think he is sick. That evening, he was complaining of fatigue during his piano class and I did not pay any attention....
As Wednesday school was half day and his temperature was 37.2°C in the next morning, we had allowed him to go to school the next day.
After he came back from school, Xian's temperature had risen to 38.5°C... By then, he is noted with mild cough.
He was barred from school the next day and he had been anxiously asking me how to chase the fever away.... he was so keen to attend school today morning. Unfortunately, he was still febrile and he was tearing in his bed and asking me if I could let him attend school, he is actually worried about his computer project and very keen to complete it....
Well, I turned down his petition and told him that not everyone is lucky as he is; he doesn't need to wait in the clinic/hospital when he got a cold, the rest of his classmate need to wait for their turn in the clinic.
Well, it is a 3d weekend and hope he recoverd by then....

No comments:

Post a Comment