Monday, September 8, 2014

Sri Lanka food...

The Sri Lanka streets view has given me a nostalgia about my childhood. The streets almost look alike the old klang road about 30 years ago...
The foods are my favorite - spicy food: sambal, samboi and curry...but the meat was stony hard. I become almost vegetarian since D4...yet, the Basmati steam rice is still a fatal attraction for me. 
I finally got a taste of Farloda on the last day, acceptable but not surprising. 
The final surprise was on the last day when we visited a chinese restaurant - one of the highly recommended over the net. During the food ordering process, I noticed that the owner have a cantonese accent and I approached and asked him if he is a Malaysian...and He said he came from Ipoh...We had a short chat and found out that he had been in Sri Lanka for over 20 years...
The food was a satisfying one....Yi Min, Gou Lou Yok....


the Lord is fair full of grace; we had chosen to go for this mission trip instead of going back to Malaysia and at the end of the the tour, I was still rewarded with this graceful feast...

No comments:

Post a Comment