Tuesday, September 2, 2014

honorable face



Seri muka has been one of my favorite kuih since my childhood... I never miss it if I ever visit the night market. The best one I had tried was from my  neighbour - auntie ahmad. My mom would buy some durian and asked her to do the seri muka durain for us... the smoothness of the upper layer was splendid...
After missing the bengawan solo trip few weeks ago, I am a bit loss and eager to seek the taste of it..
I glanced thru the net and found out that I might be able to make some in the house...
I finally acted today...I bought some nasi pulut on my way back and soaked. After I woke up at 7 pm in the night, I proceeded with my plan..
the pandan I planted last year had been growing well...key ingredient!
I didn't bother about the appearance and I use the rice cooker to steam it...
this is the final verdict... not the best I have ever tasted but it should be the only one I could get at that moment in this foreign land...yummy but I dare not wallop the whole bowl, those santan in it would cost me a heart attack tonight....
I shared some with my neighbors and this is the left over...




No comments:

Post a Comment