Friday, December 26, 2014

blessed...

Back to the desk after my tour to Sri Lanka..
I did not intend to join the medical tour initially, however after I could not resist the invitation and I agreed to come back for the medical mission later in December.
For me, vacation is not a problem as I could arrange my 15 days off according to my needs, but for the children, it would be a pain as they would need to take leave from school. However not much struggle for me after praying; I knew that I would have to bring them along.
Unlike the Satun tour which consist of less than a handful of member. The team consisted of 7 doctors and 7 nurses and other supporting staffs (including 2 professors of basic medical science, chef and kiddo[Yun and Xian]).
The tour was complicated in the beginning. When the registration started, my family was turned down as the organizer related that it would be a medical mission and kids were barred from joining. I did not complain but was approached later by another elder that they would remove the restriction as my services would aid the team.
I missed the 1st pre-tour meeting as Ving did not check on her email regularly. Not much was discussed on the second meeting and I was in a mist of what to prepare.
My pre-tour night shift of 10 shifts in 13 days had increased to 13 shifts over 15 days (due to my trip back to Malaysia).
On the 1st day of the journey, I had left out a few detail..
1. Left out some Lankan Rupee and 1/5 of the USD I supposed to bring in the vault
2. Did not properly place one of my surveillance cam..
3. Place one of the wireless phone charging on the deck...

The above detail does trouble me but I had to live with it…
Later during the transit in Hong Kong, Ving had a very bad gastric pain….
Xian started to cough when we landed in Bandaranaike Airport…
D2 -> Yun broke the lens of my NEX-3 (luckily it was the lens of the protecting filter)
D3 -> Ving had diarrhea and fever with bodyache and joint pain
D4 -> Yun had fever with fatigue (no diarrhea)
Years ago, when Ving first mentioned about going to a medical mission; I told her that medical mission is not mean for any family -> Don’t be a burden to the team as we might be the one that other people need to look after during the mission… Definitely due to my crow mouth and I did not “touch wood” after saying that..
Ving and Yun recovered after 3 days without complication but it started to rain and the northern and central part of Sri Lanka were flooded; we had to detour a few times before we reached Colombo again for our flight
The medical mission was smooth though....

Everyone gained something during the trip; a trip blessed by the great one indeed….

No comments:

Post a Comment