Sunday, April 24, 2016

Satun 2015: the trip

The second trip to Satun was unlike the first one; I had become a veteran and thought I knew a lot regarding a medical relief trip. I was caught by surprised when the local mission told me that we would be doing medical check-up in school and villagers apart from my main job of seeing patients. I was not prepared for that and I hate doing medical check-up. No ground to object and I have to comply with the job. With the instrument I brought it should be enough but yet, I need a vision chart….Luckily, I had dug up a couple of the vision chart from their store and downloaded a color blindness checking app from the net.
There were always some problems in each stop for me to tackle; with grace, I was able to overcome those problems.
The lodging was better as the local mission office had rented a house and converted it into a rest house for missioners. As usual, weather was bad; we were hit by downpour from time to time. Food was nice as I enjoyed the local spicy Thai food. I had a chance of visiting an evening market and landed my hand on some local roadside snack. Those food look similar to some counter Malay food, but yet they tasted differently.
I was in a dilemma during the end of the trip as I tried to figure out what is the plan of the great one. It was beyond my wisdom to compile his will but yet, I tried my best to please him. However, I knew it is not the right thing to do; I just need to follow the flow.

I had decided lately that I would sit still and not to participate in any mission this year. I needed a break; to enjoy some fun time with my family or maybe hide myself in the attic doing CQB and playing kungfu game….

No comments:

Post a Comment