Thursday, February 16, 2017

2017CNY trip - D3: Cat City

I got up at 4 and wake up the rest of the team. There was a couple who served in our church that participated in our trip. The trip become complicated as I had to charter a 7-seater rather than a sedan. I managed to get an Innova from Hawk and surprisingly the drive was smooth with acceptable pick-up. We arrived at KLIA in time and there was a 30 minutes window for us to have breakfast at the mamak store around the gate.
The flight was smooth and I grabbed a good nap on the flight. I had pre-informed GSW about my plan of getting passport renewal at Kuching.
GSW is my classmate in medical school. He is a Sarawakian who completed his housemanship in Kuching and proceeded to Sri Aman for his medical officer service. He had later opened his own practice in Sri Aman. His wife is a dentist and they shared the same building for their private practice. I had met him during our graduation anniversary and he had invited all of us to pay him a visit at the calm town of peace. I however decided to be the first to do so….Frankly said, I had never been to Sarawak. It was a good time to do so as GSW promised to give me a good tour.
In the past, the west Malaysian would need a passport to enter Sarawak and nowadays, you just need the IC. However, I was curious when I saw many passengers queuing in front of me at the immigration that taken out their passport. I got my answer when the immigration officer took my IC and started to fill up a form. Those who shown their passport had a more express entry; the officer just scanned it and let them passed. It was like 10 secs vs 3 minutes….
GSW and a serving brother were waiting for us at the exit. He had borrowed a 13-seater minibus from the church to take us around the city. After a quick lunch at the local food shop. We were taken to the local UTC for the passport renewal.
The process was really fast and we got our passport in 40 minutes (not from the time that we paid up, but from the time we entered). Grace from the great one….We proceeded to Sarawak Museum and small city tour before dinner.
We had dinner at a local steak house and enjoyed a good time with some local church members (most of them were GSW relative…).
I had booked a 3-room service apartment at Imperial Hotel. It was a good bargain (those who are interested can search for A-10 Imperial Apartment) for a group of 6. It is well furnished and maintained with 3 room + 3 bathroom. It even had a washing machine.
Everyone was worn off after the 2 days intensive trip. It was a relief for me as I had settled the passport issue. The rest of trip was planned and I don’t ha

No comments:

Post a Comment