Thursday, June 8, 2017

brew of freedom.....

I was a coffee freak for quite a long time until I developed esophagus reflux. I had stopped coffee craving after it worsen and affected my life. After a long time from my miraculous recovery. I had gone back to the coffee sipping life. Carefully monitoring my intake, I was able to maintain a symptomatic free life.
During our shopping tour at the Kuching Airport, I came across a shop selling Liberica bean. I had given up the thought of buying the pack not because of its price; but due to its mixing with Robusta. I was curious about the taste but was aware that the Robusta might succumb the flavor of Liberica. I held back the thought and vowed that I would give it a try later.
During my trip to Malacca, I had visited the old shop of Aik Chong at Jonker street. I was surprised when I found out that they are selling Liberica bean. Light to medium roast and not mixed with any Robusta. The price was surprisingly low and I bought it.
This was my second brew and the taste was one of its kind; berry like flavor with acceptable sourness. The aroma of coffee was light and refreshing.
I had bought some expensive beans recent few years and had almost laid my hand on the Exotica Kopi Luwak bean; the phrase “roasted in Malaysia” had pulled me back to reality. I would give it a try when I visit Indonesia next year…..

Well, my second brew, nel drip..


No comments:

Post a Comment