Tuesday, October 20, 2020

Gadget for university

As Chinese proverb said, “One need to have a good tools to facilitate his works”. I had tried my best to provide them with good gadget on their path of study.

Yun was hanging with my Asus Zenbook with a i7 CPU obtained 5 years ago. I passed on the notebook to her when I bought a Surface Pro. The Surface Pro was great with the touch screen but otherwise, suboptimal for daily use. The old Zenbook although came with a i7 but yet it was marked as U and on par to a desktop I5. But Yun had a great time with it.

When Yun admitted to the university nearby, she had built herself her own desktop machine under my instruction. An I7 with 32gb RAM, equipped with a GTX1070 ripped from Xian computer.(Xian of coz, upgraded his to RTX2080)…

She had completed her port folio for university entry interview with both the gadgets.

When she accepted the offer at FJ, I had decided to get her a new laptop; although she insisted that she can still go on with the old Zenbook, I told her she need something solid as she will be carrying it to class very intensively in the future.

She wanted a Zenbook and I told her, it is not rock solid as Asus claimed and we need to get something military grade. That limited our choice to Dell, HP and Thinkpad. I got my Thinkpad many years ago and like any other Thinkpad user; it scorched a deep impression in most of the user.

We had communicated a few times and Yun had done the sourcing herself. She communicated with the sales on line and got a good bargain, truly amazed me, if I was the one who do the sourcing, I would just tick online and enters my credit card detail.

It was expensive sending kids to tertiary education….I had a relative who could barely support himself, baldly gotten married and currently expecting their first child. I just couldn’t imagine how the child could be raise, but yet someone will always said, in the past there was some parents who raised 8 children with income of  RM800/month.

     

     

No comments:

Post a Comment