Tuesday, April 25, 2023

CNY trip - the errand...

 

IC run was one of the major events for our returning. Yun and Xian had signed a declaration during the passport renewal that they would have their IC change on their next return as they had attended the age of 18. Well, the worrying part was Yun had dyed her hair into pink color. I had advised her that the IC change is nothing to fool around with and we would be at the mercy of the official. Yun had however told me that she would let the hair fade naturally. After two months, the hair was not completely faded off and Yun told me that she would tie up the hair into pony tail and the pink color would not be visible from the front….

The day had come and the throbbing sensation over the chest when I laid my eyes on Yun’s hair. It was no retreat for us and I would have to gamble with her and placed my faith upon the great one.

We had our breakfast at a Hainan restaurant near Jalan Wong Ah Fook. It was nearby the old shop that my father had worked in.

We had later proceeded to the UTC JB and hit the office by 9am. A short queue was noted and all of us were accepted at the counter and given a number. Yun had finally started to tie her pony tail when we sat down waiting for our turn. She was apparently right and hidden the pink color successfully. I was however sitting on hot plate as I found out that no cash payment accepted in government department; only through card. The worst was there was only RM20 in my newly received Bigpay card(from the initial deposit), that would be enough for 2 persons and there were 3 of us. When both of them was called I had tried to pay up the fee with my credit card issued by Taiwan bank and none of them was accepted. I had to bailed out the RM20 for both Yun and Xian payment. And it was not long when I was called; while walking toward the counter, I recalled that my father had owned a Bigpay card as I had applied one for him during my last visit. And I was lucky as he had brought the card with him….

Both three of us had received our card hours later….

That afternoon after our lunch, Xian and I had proceeded to local PB bank and applied for a bank account. It was a long wait and we had managed to get it done after three hours wait…..

With a local bank account plus ATM card, big pay card; I was almost capable of doing any transaction without help from anyone back in the Bolehland.

No comments:

Post a Comment