Friday, April 14, 2023

Justice served

 

This was one of the most joyful news that I had read recent few months….

The bicycle lajak case had finally closed when the Court of Appeal acquitted Sam. I had downloaded a review article from the net that had described and analyzed the facts of the case in detail. The act of prosecution and trial were truly bias and injustice according to the article. Poor Sam had to remain in the jail for 1 week before she was put on bail. Condolence to the families that suffered losses however the culprits and other accomplices where still out there being untouched.

There were so many efforts that could be done to prevent such tragedy; the imam, school teacher, parents, local police. How big could a village be ? No night patrol ? Magic was cast upon those bikes so that no one could see it in daylight? who was the source of finance for the bicycle? answer was obvious, may the relevant persons sleep well....

I remembered the day I encountered a traffic accident when I drove from Slim river hospital back to Tanjong Malim during my service. A car had collided with a truck and 6 passengers were trapped in the car with no sign of life. I stopped and help the police to confirm their death on site….I remembered my hand shake during my drive back home even after more than 100 autopsy done; seeing such a massacre grade scene was still a shocking event for me. For Sam, I couldn’t imagine the psychological stress that she had undergone.

However justice had prevailed  and life goes on…..

No comments:

Post a Comment