Monday, October 1, 2007

1st step - ECO way to work...

day to work with train..
The train station was 10 min walk from my house. I planned to take the train to work earlier this year but never succeeded, mainly due to 2 reason : 1. the time is not that suitable , it is either too early or slightly late.     2.the size of my strida eventhough is small enough still exceed the limitation of luggage size allow in train.
But as the car saleman was due to deliver the car that afternoon, I took the train instead. It was 6:34am. I got up early by 5:55am. And took my Strida and it was a 5 min ride and 3 mins putting the Strida into the bag. A lots of Strida owner has successfully took their Strida onto the train without trouble despite the luggage size limitation provided the Strida is properly packed. So I packed it and bought a ticket. The train station officer did not stop me and let me through. I think it will be ok for me to take the train to work every Friday..so it was a good beginning.

The train ride was 43 mins, it stopped at every station. I took the last row seat and placed my Strida behind me. I read a novel and reached my destination by 7:17am. The station to my hospital was a 10 min ride.

Cons: I couldn't bring my laptop to work..but I will be buying a desktop for my office later....



my Strida waiting for its 1st train ride


non-express train with the basic seat..


Strida resting at the back of the cart.

 


No comments:

Post a Comment