Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Disaster exercise D1

It was a good call for me, I got a good 3 hrs sleep...

We arrived at the scene at 9:30am....reported and took a seat the waiting lounge...
A short briefing was done and the leader frome each unit were called to the meeting room. As the doctor, I was supposed to be the leader but I "asked" one of my nurse to took the position...
The rest of us waiting at the lounge



These were not flight passengers - I thought they were initially. They were local residents who was called to act as casuatlies(I heard they got pay a few hundred NT per day for the act).


The briefing


1 hrs post reporting - waiting...






2 hrs and still waiting...
 

By 12:15 noon - the lunch box came...we took a lunch box and fill up my grumbling stomach. By 1:30pm. The drill started. We were asked to sit in the ambulance and waited for command to enter the scene. 16 ambulances from different unit waiting at a corner. The engines of all 16 ambulance were running producing enough pollution and what a waste of petrol. I slept in the car for 40 min and we were called.







we were standing in the air field, under the sun...16 ambulances...I wander in an actual disaster could me mobilized so many ambulances in a short time ?

 

Later we were gahtered to the lounge again and change of plan was done after a short meeting(and waiting time for us of coz). By 4:00 pm, we were dismissed and I returned to my house in a very tired state...


No comments:

Post a Comment