Sunday, October 21, 2007

Needle, needle...

I had this influenza vaccine on 4 days ago. All medical personnel is entitle to a free vaccination yearly. Few year back, when the SARS hit Taiwan hard, Influenza pneumonitis had been one of the major differential diagnosis and since then. The Dept of Health has offerred such vaccination to us to make the differential diagnosis narrower.

However, I had missed my shot since the beginning of the free offer. I had many reason - no definite protection, may have severe symptom.....etc. But the major reason is I am darn affraid of needle. I hate being pricked. Eventhough Ving had grumble over this matter with me many many times - I still refuse to take the jab.

This year, I changed my mind, I had this bad flu few months ago where I had this severe headache...I decided to take the shot this year.

Well, the injection technique of my nurse was good. Slight pain when I was pricked. I had this severe muscle ache and easy fatigue since then. Yesterday, we went to this shopping mall for few hrs, and I got home and unable to walk due to severe muscle ache(not over the injection site, but whole body) ....I hope it is worth the price.


No comments:

Post a Comment