Thursday, May 15, 2008

Bully

I came back to work after the 4 days trapped with my children...
very very tired day of coz....Ving came back late and we slept late. I managed to finished my paper work and rounds and took over the evening round...

Later that night, I had this young female who came with her mother. Her mother told us that the patient was assaulted by her husband. I took a glance at the chart on the LCD  - she was only 20 .  They had a small arguement - she tried to use her husband computer and her husband had grabbed her upperarm and slammed her down to the floor. She complaint of dizziness and nausea but no sign of concussion. I did a CT scan for her.. well, I am always cautious with assault case - a little bit misused of CT but an accidentally missed would cost me a 5-7 years law suit. It is not the matter of money nor jail term I might face. There is medico-legal insurance and eventhough with case of malpractice leading to death - no doctor had actually served their term eventhough they were found guilty. All of them recieved suspension of sentences. But the being subpoena is a pain in the ass, especially after multiple appeal and the case landed in the supreme court. Being subpoena once to twice per months is something usual. Living in southern part of Taiwan make the condition worst.

Well, the CT revealed occipital subarachnoid hemorrhage and I admitted her. Well, I actually encouraged the patient to lodged a report as this was not a first time she was hit. The mother told me that son-in-law looked kind and innocent when he asked for permission to married the daughter.... Well, the baby is now 5 months old and the daughter was hit twice. What a crap, I think the male was fedup with the girl and doesn't want to take care of the baby. I think he wanted to get a divorce without paying any alimony....

I had always wanted to learn martial art during my high school day - but my parents barely made a living - joing a taekwando club would be a burden ... When I went to college, I joined the aikido club- bcoz the fee was cheap. My master was(and is) the highest rank holder in the southern part of Taiwan. In one of the session, he told us that never never hit a female, male is stronger and aikido is a very powerful martial art. I consider hitting a female as an act of bully and I despise those who did that. Poor family education and lack of civil teaching in the school had lead to such act - hopefully and new govt would come up with a new policy and make the education environment better....


No comments:

Post a Comment