Saturday, May 31, 2008

almost had it ... part 2

I was better in the morning...
my SpO2 had returned to 99-100% and I had felt better....I discharged on the next day due to 2 reasons:

- there was a night ED shift waiting for me...
- I had felt better..

so I discharged by noon and did my call...

There were severe things that were notable...

1. the ward room was too small - I had a twin sharing room... but it was still consider very small..

2. I am a attending physician in the hospital and I don't have the priviledeg to get a single room - yet another fair and square and justice dilemma - the hospital is almost full and you just cant ask patient to without a proper reason...

3.There was no clock in the room - very unconvienent

4. The vital sign check was not that routine...

5. Never do enchaned CT in a patient with shortness of breath - very very dangerous - trust me , I experienced that.
When the nurse inject the contrast medium (I had ordered a 2nd gen non-ionic medicum), I told her to inject me with subcutaneous epinephrine first before she bagged me ... and you know what ? she asked me why ? ????? and what the FFFFFFFxxxxxKKKKKKK, one of the crucial steps of managing anaphylactic shock - I knew if she follow the ABC, I would have get the epinephrine jab hrs later when someone recalls it.......luckily I it did not happened. But I got this palpitation during the procedure - imaging the effect of aminophylline + neb + contrast medium.... I almost had it again...stupid stupid move to do CT at that time - but I was so worry that I had any gastric disorder...

6.It was a good way to loss weight - 3kg in 2 days...

7.Sanitized the toilet thoroughly before you sit on it... I got this UTI on D2...crap and strain sensation over my bladder.

8. 6 injection over my upper limbs...
I got the 1st one over left hand dorsal site - removed when I thought I was better
the 2nd one was the Arterial blood gas over the antecubital area- luckily 1 jab..
the 3rd was over the left intern vein(cephalic)( missed !!! and I had got good vein )...
the 4th over right dorsal hand - 1 shot
the 6th was over left intern vein( yes...left side again) and ruptured!!!
the 6th is over rt antecutibal area a 20G for IV contrast medium..
well, 6 pricks in 2 days....what a record for me...



right antecubital




rt metacarpal arez


left antecubital


left cephalic vein

well.... I went home and got a not that good sleep and ...there was still part 3......

No comments:

Post a Comment