Thursday, May 7, 2009

tripped wire

I got this call from the MIS staff around midnight (few weeks ago)... The MIS staff (the hospital did not give him the title of engineer....) is a young chap who lived around Fangliao... Local boy who graduated in this computer science. His job is mainly networking and hardware maintanence...
He asked me if I had upgraded my program today because the nurse had complaint to him that the they could not prescript any drug..... I did someupgrade but it had nothing to do with the prescirption system.
I said I would log into the hospital and sees what happen. I tried failed to log onto the hospital server...the server must had been down I mumbled when I called up the MIS staff. He acknowledged the problem and went to the hospital. 20 mins later he called  me up and told me the problem had been solved. Apperantly the cleaner had tripped over the wire of our UPS and the server was down...
Well, we really need to shape up our MIS dept and the cleaner as well... 


No comments:

Post a Comment