Thursday, June 11, 2009

Good citizen paper

I got a phone call 10 days ago from the Malaysia Friendship and Trade Center in Taipei. My letter of good conduct had finally arrived. I remembered at the time I went to apply my for papers – I was told minimum 3 months(which means more than 3 months it should be). I had read from the net that some had got it by 2 months time. I was hoping for some miracle. I waited impatiently and finally called the center 15 days ago(almost 2 months by then) and the nice lady told that all application done in March had not been returned. Finally I got it by 2 months plus a few days… well another real Malaysia Boleh…


The papers are important for me and Ving.. We are finally eligible to apply for a permanent resident status.- which means I could stay back even though I lost my job. A milestone for our family.


The application is simple – just download the paper and pay a visit to the nearest embassy /representative office. Fee was cheap – RM20 for an application. But I took the whole family on a high speed rail ride when I applied and it cost me RM1000+..(econ to and business back…). Well, worth every penny – kids got the ride and I got the papers…


This week, I am going up north again. I will stay until Monday morning- pick up the papers by 9am and start my journey back (with my Z of coz…). Hopefully I could reach home by 3pm and get some rest . Shift starts at 6pm….


No comments:

Post a Comment