Thursday, June 4, 2009

- Ward job


I met the hospital superintendent few weeks ago. He told me that he had sometime to go through with me the day after. However I never got the chance to speak to him. I was in a mist and anxious about the meeting - either a cut of wages or adjustment of working hour....
I finally met him during a pass over - he told me that I would be concentrating my job in the ICU and ED. No more patient would be placed under my service as the hospital evaluation was on its way. I was happy though..... finally I could start my teaching session again in the ICU. It had been > 9 months since my adjustment of duty and I was unable to give any teaching to the ICU staff. ICU was packed with 1/3 of new nurses and their knowledge were way below average.
The relevent head nurse had been telling others that I did not see my patient in the ward on a routine basis after the prepruce incident... truely, covering the ED was tiring and I had an agreement with the hospital that I would see my patient from Mon to Thr - the rest would be covered by someone else. I did not get extra pay for such additional work and it was supposed to be a combined care and when incident happens, I had to be part of the blame....
Well... nothing much to explain anyone.... the consultating firm had considered me as ED physician instead of ward attending physician and I had not been playing a good part squeezing between the two roles. Lots of paper works to be completed in the coming few months...hope I could able to survive it...


No comments:

Post a Comment