Wednesday, September 9, 2009

1st class service...

I had this alcoholic CWC disturbing me lately in the ED. He is a case of alcoholic liver cirrhosis who unable to get rid of his bad habbit. CWC is a person on social welface list. He enjoyed many priviledges. He doesn't need to pay for the registration fee, he is not entitled to the 10% payment of admission and his meal is pay for during admission.
What he did was begging for admission. He came to our ED and begging every single one of us to admit him to the ward. In the ward, he could sleep nicely (or get through his alcohol induced drowsy state) on a nice clean bed. Wake up and enjoy a good nice meal. Take a big gulp of rice wine in the fully air-conditioned room. When he is awake he would disappear elsewhere to get some money and continue his drunkard life.
He usually get admitted and would be discharged automatically on D2 and mostly D3 when the nurse found no trace of him around the hospital hours later.
He came on the few days ago and complaint about generalized discomfort and asking for admission. I told him I would take after him nicely. I explained to him that I would be in charge of all the patients of the hospital from evening to the next morning. So I would give him 1st class service. I would provide him with a 1 to 1 nursing care and he could chose to take the negative pressure isolating room or the ED room. He showed me an unbelievable look and was wordless. Despite my explaination that he would enjoyed the 1st class service in our hospital(that is no admission to the ward) he still hoping that I would admit him later and complied to my invitation to take a drip. After 1 hrs of laying and begging on the bed , he finally gave up and walked off....
I hope this would be the last time he tried to harrass me in the ED.... I would still provide the so called 1st class service for this kind of KNNECB scum bag(waste of the tax I paid...) and hope they would enjoy it...


 


No comments:

Post a Comment