Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Lucky people ....

I was lucky...there was no outbreak in the hospital. I could finally relax my crampy crossed finger. I was lucky - the child was placed in a air-conditioned room over night with 3 other peoples. Those who had contacted with the child was free of symptom until now. Well, pandemic it is however thanks to medical care - there is only 11 deads until today morning. More than half of the patients had chronic disease. There was this pregnant lady (20+ weeker) with respiratory failure(lung invasion). She was put on ECMO and survived through the critical period. However she lost her baby. ECMO have been last resort for those critical ill with cardiopulmonary collapsed. However it was not the magic wand of fairy. I had been through a lecture by one of the pioneer of ECMO in this country - Prof K of NTU. He had presented us with a load of patient survived with severe complication(gangrenous change of limbs with amputation). I had noticed there are intensivists who used double ECMO nowadays. Well, life is so precious here compare to my homeland. I saw flood refugee eating buffet style meal in the camp, those homeless were well treated.


By 2 more months, there is vaccine for us...I am still worried only 3 of us in the family are eligibled for the vaccination. Ving is not in the group. Well, would try my best to get her a jab...we are lucky, if I am back in Malaysia, I am the only one who could get a jab...


Outbreak it is and stand we will......


No comments:

Post a Comment