Thursday, January 19, 2012

liar


It was my once per months Sunday night call…. I saw this old-aged male walking down from the ambulance…


 


Our locum doctor had seen him and he passed over the case to me after I change into my walking suit…


The male had joined a hiking trip and collapsed during the tea break session. He had regained conscious en-route.


I had asked a detailed history as usual. The patient had specifically denied trauma nor knocked over his head during the Q-A session. He had told me he was still alert but was unable to open his eyes and move his limbs. I ordered a brain CT and after the CT session. Another lady from the team had asked me if I could give them a medical report with the diagnosis of head injury. I told her that there is no head injury and I could not write it down in my report and the patient and the team of the folks had started to overturn their story – yeah, the old man had slipped and bla bla bla …. I told him that then I need to change the dx to brain concussion and advice for admission. He had wanted a referred to K city hospital where he stayed. Another Insurance claim craving liar – how much can they get ?
I had a bad feeling being force to do some “I know is lie, but what can I do “ stuff. Maybe I would buy a pen recorder and next time…


No comments:

Post a Comment