Thursday, January 19, 2012

of election...

 


The presidential election of Taiwan had finally come to an end after a 4 months fight. The green had lost over a 5+ % of votes… I had disliked “da green” dating back to my college days. I had met people/fellow student that demand me – to speak in Taiwanese as they claimed the southern part of Taiwan is their reign…..I was stunned by their language and they almost barbaric act towards those “pig from outside the province”(people that is not originated from Taiwan- including those who moved to Taiwan during the war).


I had focused on the political talk show during the last few weeks of election and saw speakers who were pro- “da green” misleading the folks with false viewpoint.


After the election, they had claimed that the public were misled and threatened by the ‘da blue” and “da red”, some even claimed that the democratic spirit had died in Taiwan.


During my college days, at the time when the ex-president turn inmate was serving as legislator, a bill was passed by the ex-president regarding foreign doctor working in Taiwan: For the purpose of protecting local doctor working right – foreign medical graduates are required to return to their homeland for 2 years to entitle for a working permit. The restriction was lifted 2 years after my graduation….During the “da green” ruling period, the alien residential control was very strict – we were treated as outsider who came here to eat up their resource…..


My next focus would be the general election of Malaysia…I am looking forward for a bigger change this time..and hopefully I would go back and fulfill my duty as a voter…


No comments:

Post a Comment