Monday, January 23, 2012

long shift.... of da CNY



I had been doing calls on 1st and 2nd days of Chinese new year for the past few months… One of the reasons is I don’t have a mother in law house to go for …. Most of the new year calls are bad one – all the clinic closed c limited OPD …. The average patient in the ED increase from 50+ to 120+ per days… However the rate limiting factor for consultation in ED is the nurses and not doctor. The appropriate ratio for nurses : doctor is about 5:1…but still capable nurse was the key factor…




The ED was busy last night but still I caught some sleep. Well, the calls end at 6:pm today and the hazardous part was driving home. Today is the 2nd day of CNY and I had to join the long queue of “in-law returner” or take a long detour…I hope I could make it home in 1 piece…. The next shift would be a seem impossible calls – 8 to 6 , 34 hrs call…. Long long story which I had to compromise ……


No comments:

Post a Comment