Sunday, September 30, 2012

3000m above....

We had taken another trip to the National Park here in Taiwan during this summer holiday. It was a camping trip, 5d4n. The longest camping trip ever and one of the camp site had no electricity supply.


We had traveled to the highest road in Taiwan. During the trip, I had climbed the 2 peaks of the He Huan Mountain. Both of them were above 3000m. The air was so thin and I had to rest on every few steps.


The 1st peak was a challenging one as we need to climbs stairs like road to ascend to the top. All of us made it to the tops…. Our 1st experience of climbing mountain of more than 3000m. It was a special experience for everyone of us; the climb was complicated by the thin air above 3000m. We had to stop every few steps to gasp for air. I had seen many film regarding mountain climbing and I finally realized the feeling of shortness of breath on every steps…..


The next day, I climbed the 2nd peak alone due to the rain; Ving and kids waited me in Fefe. I donned the rain coat and ascend to the peak , praising the LORD all the way up. During the ascend, I was so afraid that I suffered from a heart attack but still with the grace of LORD, I made it….


Each of us learns something from the trip. I am truly happy as I could take my children to experience something which couldn’t be bought by money – although money is still a must for these trips…..I am glad I am still energetic enough to take them up to the top….


No comments:

Post a Comment