Thursday, September 27, 2012

Gain and loss....

Everything was smooth until the gastroenterologist department informed me that I had to report by 1st of October and unfortunately due to the processing time of the university’s hospital, I could only report for duty on the 15th of October. The conclusion was: I am not going to be eligible for the board examination 2 years later ….


After some communication and string pulling, I decided to give up and delay the training for another year.


I had no time to feel sad nor moan as


the second round of negotiation begun immediately ; the management wanted me to stay. They offered me a 3 year contract. Same salary of course…. With the frustration feeling, I was brave enough to asked for a 8% raise and after some unfruitful bargaining, I got what I want…I did not compromise this time . the hospital is at the verge of success and failure as the management was unable to hire any one recent few years…. I knew they are desperate and nothing much could be done…


Well, life was never fair but still, I got something. I thank GOD for looking after me and preparing me for the training. With the new increment, I could save up a handsome amount and looking forward for the training next year….


At the current dark age of economic regression, it is mercy from the lord that I still got my raise….


No comments:

Post a Comment