Thursday, September 27, 2012

Provider course re-visited....

 


I still felt depress over the failing of the instructor course… My ACLS provider cert had expired 1 months after the instructor course and I did not take up any course later… It was a must for medical staff working in the critical unit to hold a valid ACLS provider certificate – requirement for the hospital evaluation association. I had finally decided to take up one recently(the university’s hospital requested a valid cert if I wanted to work as a research fellow there)


I took a course organized by an education group in Kaohsiung. 1.5 days course. A small class consist of 1 lecturer (yeap, 1 man show) and 15 students. I am the only physician and the rest of them were 1 nurses (13 female and 1 male). The lecturer is one of the emergency physician in a local medical center. The course was solely designed for nurses and it was very bored for me especially for a person who been through the hellish instructor course….


Well, to make the things worse was I had to do my night shift at the end of the 1st day course. I make it in time to the hospital and told Lem to relieve me 1 hr earlier the next day.


I was lucky as the call was darn good… I had a full 3 hours sleep…


Despite of the sleep, I was still sleepy during the morning. Nodding and wandering.. an impolite act, but I was too tire…


The was a long strip of food shop near the class. I got into a Ramen Shop and regretted my choice 15 mins later as it taste just like one of the instant noodle and it cost 80NTs....


The paper test was simple and I completed it in 20 mins. The skill station was even more simple and I left the class by 1:30pm.


I went to JK lane and tried to get a red HTC J for Ving. The initial visit at the famour SH 3C wholesale was unsuccessful, they had 1 red and 1 black but the red one was pre-ordered by someone. I turned to another HTC shop and got Ving the android phone…


The drive back home was tiresome but I still manage to make it…. After the test, I am quite sure that I would go for the instructor course selection progrem next year in Taipei....


No comments:

Post a Comment