Sunday, June 23, 2013

Cry fahter clan....

It was a rainy day, there was this sudden storm who had hit the southern region hard. Wet and chilling but I was not affected as I was under the shed in the ED for the whole 24 hrs.
The ambulance had sent over this 12 y/o kid with left thigh deformity after he was hit by a car. A spot diagnosis of left femur fracture could be made from the shortening of left lower limbs and swelling. Accompany the youngster was his granny and 2 young chap in their early 20s.
The 2 had expressed that they were passengers in the vehicle which had knocked down the child. The accident took place in the mountain area of Lion land(a small village which I visit few times in a month during my govt. clinic rounds).
The local county councilor had come moments later and told me that the council speaker had asked him to show concern over the case as the driver’s father is a close acquaintance of the speaker. The local councilor is a friendly nice guy and he had socialized with the tribe members of the child (the child is an aborigine). The imaging was done and confirmed my spot diagnosis. As our orthopedic surgeon does not operate in the night, I had told the nanny that they would need a referral. The referral was done smoothly and the driver had come during the referral. A tall and stout looking young chap and a few young men had accompanied him to the ED. When the counter informed the crowd that the ambulance fee was rm 800+; the tribe’s pastor (who was currently admitted and come down to have a look) had asked the driver that if he could cover for the payment. In such case, the responsible person would normally pay for the fee to show his gratitude…. However the young chap had told that the pastor that they would have to wait for his father to come down and settled the payment, the kid’s referral was delayed by 30min waiting for the father … There were 5-6 young chap and they look like they had just come back from a trip from the east coast. I had grumbled in my heart, WTF, no one in the crowd had a ATM card which can withdraw a couple “piece” of NT ? delay = more pain for the kid...
I shocked my head, just another few piece of crap who belong to the “cry father” (哭爸[Taiwanese pls] , a.k.a 靠爸…..) clans….  Well, still need to shout even though I seen them from time to time....

No comments:

Post a Comment