Monday, July 1, 2013

EVA air - service experience....

As a first line “service provider”, I had a deep understanding of the “customer is always right” concept, customer satisfaction is always our main concern, or a time consuming legal suit will be waiting at the corner. I am not demanding person regarding service provided by others but it should be up to the standard…. You can’t demand a small stall along the roadside to provide a customized personal service but it hygiene should meet the least standard….
I had purchased air tickets for my parents 2 weeks ago from the EVA website enabling them to visit us. The EVA is currently promoting its joining of the STAR alliance network and I expect an upgraded service as the promotion ads had flooded the TV… I did not pay attention to the ticket information during the purchase and later I had found that the to and fro flight was not in the same class. I had however decided to upgrade the return ticket to Shanghai from economy to premium economy for my parents(nothing much to shout as the difference is bigger seat and larger baggage allowance, no lounge service and the food is the same as econ class, but it should a good experience for them....). I had called up the ticketing number and the lady had patched me through another service rep. The rep had however told me that since the ticket is issued from Shanghai office, they would need to “telegraph”(yes, telegraph, in the era of email and internet) my request to Shanghai office and I would have to pay for the telegraph fee. I politely declined her offer. After years of being an emotionally guided impulse acting person, I had learnt to control it – I sat down and taken a deep thought and planning before I email to EVA office regarding my dissatisfaction.
It was Friday and I got a called on Monday which another customer service lady told me that she would attend to my request and would called me back with the upgrading cost. I got what I want 30mins later….
The overall service provided is still good as I think the telegraphy stuff is not mean for customer like me but for the travelling agency which require a printed proof.. I had a worst experience with the Malaysia Standard chartered bank but that is another story….

No comments:

Post a Comment