Thursday, July 25, 2013

Penghu.....3d2n ->4d3n

The trip to PengHu was a exciting one… I had a so so call (3-4 hrs) sleep and was able to hit home and reached the peer by 7:45 am. The ticket picking was smooth and I was able to get my car onto the ship in time. The sail was smooth and I managed to take a short nap which was enough to get me going later in the afternoon.
The ship arrived at the Magong port after 5 hours later and I headed straight to the Xian Chao Ice shop nearby. While waiting for the ice, I took a quick check over my tab and read the news regarding a tropical storm forming around the Bus strait... Darn, bad news, if the storm transform into a typhoon, there would be a great chance we had to stranded on the island... I withheld the news and started the tour with my family... weather was hot and we had a good tour around the island. 
In the morning, the early news had revealed that the typhoon had been formed and there is a 50/50 chance it would head toward Taiwan. I did not tell anyone as I did not want to spoil the mood. 
Later in the afternoon, while waiting for the rest of the family in the aquarium, I glanced through the tab and found that the ship tour was cancelled due to bad weather. Our tour back to the main island had to delayed for at least 24 hrs. I broke the news to the rest of the team and everyone were a little bit frustrated. 
The overstay had allowed me to complete the island without leaving out any of the attractive spots.
The returning ship was crowded with tourists and we were still lucky to squeeze onto the ship. The sail was not an uneventful one as the ship was a little bit rocky...with the poor ventilation in the cabin, everyone of us felt nausea and Yun had thrown up twice....
After the tour, the rest of the family had told me politely that it would be our last tour on boat.....

No comments:

Post a Comment