Thursday, July 4, 2013

pre-camp upgrade

Lem had gone off for his holiday…the rest of the shift would be shared by me and K with boss moonlighting intermittently. It makes no different as most of the time, I would wake up at 7 and proceed with my daily routine, take a short nap in the afternoon and go to work at 5, the 14 and 24 hrs make no different to me.
Despite of the long working hours of recent 2 weeks, the camping trip should go well this weekend.
I have look up the weather forecast on a daily basis and I am sure that the next 2 days would be good for outdoor activities. The group consists of 12 cars with 8 tents and 4 rooms at the camping site. I had upgraded my gear for this camping as most of the other campers are new to the trade.
I had bought another Northstar 2500 with ventilator reflector and stand. The Northstar have been a good unplug light source and prove very reliable in the outdoor setting. Excluding the fuel lamp, it is the brightest in its class. The cons is heat, very hot and not suitable to use in the tent. Unlike the 1st gen which is green in color, I have the option to chose a red one.
I had pre-burnt the mantle and both of the lamps are in good condition. Plus the 2 LED lamp stripe I have made and 4 LED torches, the night won't be dimmed....
As we need to cook for 40 + persons(adult + children of coz). I had added 3 more stove into our firing arsenal; two 4.1kw cassette stove and 6.7kw stand stove. I had tried out the 4.1kw and found that it could boil 2 liters of water in 6 minutes. 
copied from the net/..

the 4.1kw, which 2x power compare to other  cassette stove, the pros is the cassette gas canister is 3x cheaper than the power gas canister...






(copied from the net....)

the 6.7kw stove, which could hold up to 40kg....great heating power...
good for big pot 



We could cook dinner and breakfast at a faster rate and minus the waiting time….

This is however the ultimate stove, snow peak gs 1000 which is 10.3kw in power... the greatest heating monster available in the market which could boiled 10 liters of water in less than 15mins... it cost RM1700 [can buy 3x 6.7kw stove...]...










During the shopping I had come across the tent’s stakes and peg hammer. I had replaced all the stakes with steel stakes and bought a peg hammer with copper head. 


traditional stake which is difficult to hammer 






modified stake, head for hammering and a hole for removal.









da hammer with copperhead, which could prevent slipping during the hammering...




when I reach home last night , I spent a good 5 mins in limbo fascinating myself as Thor while holding the hammer, really nice piece of gear….

Well, everything set to go and I am still anxious about the trip…. Cross my finger and praying…

No comments:

Post a Comment