Monday, July 15, 2013

eat sugar don't know cane...

I was scrapping the skin of sugar canes in front of my house 2 weeks ago with Yun. The sugar cane in my farm had grown greatly in the past 1 weeks year and I had harvested quite a load that days. I would usually scrapped the skin off in the farm and take it to the lady nearby to pressed the juice in the past but lately, the underwater in the farm was muddy and I had taken the sugar cane back to my house to washed it before I sent it for pressed.
The kid next door and his friend was cycling during the event and they had stopped by to ask me, what was I holding. I was surprised as the kids seems that they haven't seen any in the past. I offered them a small piece and told them that it was sugar cane and the sugar we ate was made of this...
well, kids grown up in the city nowadays are confined to 3c product, metal, cement and a life in the wild seem so far away from them....
I am glad that both Yun and Xian have exposure in the wild but yet it is still not enough... well, need to work more harder...

No comments:

Post a Comment