Tuesday, December 3, 2013

One stop crisis center - on demand....

I had this female trauma patient before I went off during my last shift. The patient was a middle aged female with traumatic head injury. She as comatose on arrival with a large hematoma over her right periorbital area.
She had undergone bil masectomy with sparse hair, a picture of obvious breast cancer s/p surgery with chemotherapy. But a force had pushed me to check her private part to comfirm that she is female rather than a transexual who undergone surgery. The private part was a she but it was swollen and a laceration wound was noted. The spot diagnosis was traumatic intracranial hemorrhage and with her current status, she would be mostly vegetative if she survive surgery.
The family arrived later and the neighbour who discovered her laying in front of her house told me that she was found with her pants down to her thigh. Well.... possible rape victim....and I am stuck with it...
The patient was later sent to OR... as our O&G is on visiting basis we are not officially stamped as OSCC for violence....., I had to do the evidence collecting and reporting routine.... darn , had never done here but with the training of MOH, and help of our senior nursing staff, I was able to complete the procedure. 
The first for me here in Taiwan and the first for our hospital...

No comments:

Post a Comment