Saturday, August 9, 2008

Abductor....

It was hell night... I was called every 1 hrs ...

I had just seen a female with acute gastritis and just about to leave the ED to my call room; the nurse told me that 2 MVA victims were on their way. I sat back to my seat and resumed to my VB project.

The ambulance arrived 5 mins later. 2 very young couple came in. The EMTs told us that they were MVA victim. Car vs divider. I preceded with the examination. Both have seat belt injuries. No airbag on the car so no burn over the face.

I was right about the girl but wrong on the guy. The girl was only 16+ and the boy eventhough look young was 20. After the treatment I asked the girl for her parent telephone and told her that she is underaged and I needed to informed her guardians. She gave the no to me without any hessitation. My past experience was they mostly would beg not to inform the parents. I called the parent up and the phone was answered by the father - I told him about the incidence and the condition of her daughter. I got a ?angry hung up before I asked him if he would like to pick her up. The parents lived in Taipei and I don't think that they would come but I still hope that they would sent some relative nearby to do so. I called back and the mother answered the phone. She was polite and told me that she would call me back to decide about letting the daughter leave with the guy(boyfriend a.k.a abductor as far as I am concerned). The mother contacted the daughter(I knew as she answered the call inside the ED) and later called me and informed me that they were unable to picked the girl up and told me that to let her leave with the guy...

I was too tired and told my nurses that they could leave as they wishes. I went back to sleep and did not see them again...

I had seen too many of such cases. I am worried to be frank. I had a girl and a boy and I don't know if they would ended like anyone of them. Maybe I am too conservative or too old....How could parents let their 16+ yrs girl leave home 400+km travelling with a guy ? Where is the responsibility of parents  - providing food and lodging only ?

I always believe there are lots of good elements in the chinese culture , especially the teaching of Confucius. Where ever someone told me if my children are undergoing any special tuition for english; I told them that I am not worried about their English - I had traveled so far back to the chinese land and wanted my children to command such language (especially the classic chinese(Wen Yuan Wen)). They could learn so much from it. But now, I am worried if they could really adopt the concept and core value of such teaching.


No comments:

Post a Comment