Wednesday, August 6, 2008

A better tomorrow...

I finally told the administration I wanted a reduced in my night shift....

After the asthma attack, I had found that night night had become a stress for me...I went off at noon and hit my bed/sofa/ tilam  by 1:30 or 2pm. In the past, I would wake up by 4 or latest 5pm and feeling better. Now, waking at 5pm means feeling bad - dizziness, nausea and heavy steps.

I had been having mild asthmatic attack from time to time - but recent 1wks , I had a big one again. Although I could suppressed with symbicort and prn ventolin inhaler but the feeling is bad.

I finally walked into the deputy superintendent office and told him that I wanted to cut my shift from 8 to 6...that means I would have 2 weeks with only 1 shift. Life could be much better hopefully. But out of my expectation - the deputy superintedent was not surprised - he had been expecting my request ! Well, he told me that he would work the plan with Lem ( he had been director of emergency department for 1+ yrs now) and Big boss - most probably, Boss and Lem would share 1 shift each... Well, I am glad , at least I would have a better resting time and more daytime work so that I could spend more time in ICU...

Pay might not be less as I could take up more day shift. I should get almost the same pay eventhough the nigth shifts are cut

My progress note program is currently running well. The Order entering part is under developed and currently at the final steps of adjusting user interface.... I am considering of taking some exam such as MSITP... but my aim is in the Nov. - the Medical Informatic Adminstrator exam organized by Taiwan Association of Medical Informatic, I had a 15 marks advantage over the other examinee - there is a part : medical terminology which score 15 out of the 100.

Well, a change in my life and I hope it would be better...

Ving had gone to a fortune teller lately and according to him - I am at the peak of my carrier : I am happy to hear such phrase but I am worried as after the peak/plateau there would be down slope and hopefully not a long long way down....


No comments:

Post a Comment