Tuesday, August 19, 2008

ghostly scene....

It is now month of the spirit... Well, some would think that on call in such a night would be horrible - imaging taking the lift alone: you never know what is waiting outside the door when the door opens.....Sometimes I got the creep wandering from ward to ward...but I never meet anything "dirty" during my walk...

1 wks ago, I was in one of the spiritual scene ... it was an average night and I was debugging my VB program. Patients came every 15-30 mins and I could not have a good rest in the call room. I was walking to the toilet in ED and saw one of the nurse (SY) taking a nap.. It was prohibited for nurses to take a nap in the night as they are working on 3 shifts basis. As most of the ED nurses was married with kids, allowing a short nap during night shift has become a practice provided that the ED is not busy. I asked her if she had a busy day and she answered no and went back to sleep.

Few days ago, when I took a over the shift, another few nurses told me that SY had seen something that night. After I walked into toilet, she was awaken by 2 persons in black. They walked into the ED carrying "COFFIN" and placed the big box in front of the ED counter. One of the man in black asked SY to take a BP for him. When they left, they mumbled a few numbers. Well, SY later placed a few bets with the number but it came out in another sequence. So she did not hit anything...

well, I was lucky I did not witness that...frankly said, chinese are particular about seeing those things - one would get sick or face bad luck after seeing those spirit.

10 more days to go..... in the past, the months of the spirit is small month for most of the hospital - people refuse to get admitted or doing surgery. But this year -it is different: I dont see the reluctancy in the past...well, good for our boss and hopefully a good bonus next year...


No comments:

Post a Comment