Thursday, September 11, 2008

a change ... wound it happen....

I had been following the news regarding 916 takeover ...


I grinned when I learnt that 1/5 of Malaysia Yang Berhormat had arrived in Taiwan for an agricultural trip.... Taiwan had no official relationship with Malaysia, both had only trade office as their representative.
Taiwan is definitely not a suitable place for our YB especially those muslim. Back in my school days, we had welcome the recognition team from Malaysia and most of the prof and official was muslim. They were not that particular about HALAL food. The only thing to watchout is pork. But I think if HALAL is considered seriously then only vegetarian food is suitable for them. We had taken the group to Hotel and specially requested HALAL food( 5 star Hotel , and money was really well spent...). There is a Muslim Restaurant run by local muslim in Kaohsiung and we had a good meal there...the reasons for our back bench YB to opt of a trip here - no visa is needed for 1 month visa to Taiwan....


I am looking forward for a change - I am fed up of the racist to accuse other people as racist. This racist who carried a title of datuk (ex senator as well )  had faced a disciplinary action by his own party but no action was taken by the police for such act eventhough peoples had lodged police report . In the past, lots of people were arrested under the internal security act ... I think he should be as well... I regard myself as a Malaysian and hope to be treated as Malaysian. In most of the developed country, the minority was given privellege and aid from the govt. But the minoirty such as Indian was not look after, I am not surprise ( but was shock instead) that our MIC senior persons was pulled down in the general election. There was once I thought the Indian was still hypnotized by such figure. I met those very very rich Indian and met the very very poor ones...



I remembered when I attended the state health medical officer training in one of the secluded resort in Kuala Gula. It was a very long drive from where I lived. Nice bird watching place and the bird watching site was in the middle of the sea (wood cottage build on the sea).
Most of the MOs were Malay and I am the only chinese. During a chat after meal, a senior Malay MO had told the other Malay MO to plan for their life. She claimed that the chinese are different from the point of view of financial management. She said that an average chinese family save every penny for their children college fund since birth. The Malays do not have to worry about such issue. She asked me weather it was true in my case. I nodded. And I looked around and saw those other MOs who gave an innocent look. But changes were noted; Chinese was given scholarship by JPA(public service department) to India to do medicine nowdays which was impossible during my time.


The govt kept telling Malaysian that the Malay is still unde par and needed to be looked after for ,thence scholarship, quota system for university admission are still being practice. But nowadays, the names of rich Malay I knew were more than those rich chinese....


Peoples were being fooled....look at the automobile discussion board of Malaysia. Looks, pickup and fuel consumption were main issue Malaysian talk about. Malaysian pay more than people in the developed country to buy car without airbag... for me airbag is a mininum entry requirement for car safety. Nowadays in Taiwan, car under 100k are being served with traction control and stability control, in Malaysian, such car would cost more than 200k - why ? becoz Proton need to be protected ! nope I don't think it is true - under the present tax scheme (that lead to sky high car price)  , the govt is the organization which benifit most from it. Malaysian were being punished for buying car with more safety feature and the punishment(tax) goes to the National treasury....


I pay a visit to a nice Malaysian lady who operate a L&B facillity up north lately. We had a chat after dinner. The couple had asked me why did I go back and did my time with the MOH (ministry of health). I told them that I am a patriot - I had been a patriot since my 1st step on this land; I tried very hard to prepared for the Malaysia doctor entry exam just because I wanted to serve my mother land(although I never went through it). Unfortunately thing did not work up that way - Later I realized that I need to provide a good quality life for my family...... I still love the mother land - but I could only make a good living here. Sometimes, I looked at Xian and Yun playing in the living room and thinked back of my decision giving up the chance of being a MU master grad( only 2 MU grad in my whole family ...)......I am happy that I made a choice....


No comments:

Post a Comment