Friday, April 9, 2010

from ER300 to CPC2

 


I went for 75000km maintenance yesterday… the foreman told me that 3 of the tyres’ thread lug had reach the wear bar(very technical way of saying so -- > your tyre had worn off…).. They asked me if I wanted to replace them. I asked them what kind of tyre did they offered and got the answer : Bridgestone.  I politely rejected their offer and told them that I wanted to replace them outside.


My Z came with Bridgestone Turanza ER 300. 2 of them lasted for about 3500km, and after another 5000, another 2 worn out. The life spam was short compare to others who had reported the tyre lasted >40000km. Another issue that bothered me was the noise. The ER 300 was quite noisy, almost the same quality as the AT tyres my Kembara had.



I had read quite a lot about tyre replacement for the past few months. I decided to switch to Continental CPC2. Some of the club members had highly recommended it. I called up the KHH dealer and asked for a quotation. The H grade was 4200 and V grade was 500 extra. Compare to 4000 of ER300 , I thought it is still acceptable.



From the net, I knew that the different between V grade and H grade was the speed limit – H 210km/h, V = 260km/h. Well, both was way far beyond from my upper limits. So I was thinking of getting H is enough.


 


 I reached the shop at 4:40pm after the lube. The manager had shown me 3 types of the type( H,V,W). Well, indeed, the W is much more thicker and the H is the thinnest. But I am not a speedy dude and I decided to take the V grade. Hopefully more protection...



The price was 4700 each. I waited for 2 hrs before I got my car back. The process include a wheel balancing and alignment. Well, a single alignment would cost about 2000 - > so it is worth the price.



 Although I am expecting the different, but still I was surprise about the “silence” performance. It was great - > worth every penny of it…..no pain(in the ass pocket) no gain….


No comments:

Post a Comment