Thursday, April 8, 2010

Master and apprentices...

Yun had did a great job during her examination - she got 90+ for all her subject and she wanted to do better - a good spirit. Xian had a great improved scoring 69 and 80 for his chinese and math. A great leap in my point of view but surprisingly he told me he wanted to buy some extra examination material as he wanted to do better. In fact he did cry over his result. He was a little bit upset as he wanted to score 100... he had been very careful and doing hard during the in class test. He knows what he wants but I am a little worry as I don't want to push him to hard...


Yun a little too mature for her age. She had started to discuss with me about ECO problem and some problem solving technique. Young apprentice trying to find her path... she had looked upon me as her master - an honour for a father ... at least she would come to me for her questions... and I hope that one day she would tell me "now I am the master..."(my fav. phrase from star wars IV, dark vader). Still a long way to go.


I had taught her the in and out about reversi (othello)board game and she seems to play it well lately.... sharing her victory over her classmate from time to time....


Xian is even more aggressive, he joined every extracurriculum he could - he wanted to go for the computer class and later he decided to learn Tae Kwan Do... Well, a good start and he think he is capable to learn everything...


I am happy looking at them .... they are gliding on the right track but far way to young - I learnt what is the right track at a much older age. The only thing I could do is to guide them and learn more my self so that I could still maintain the status of master...


No comments:

Post a Comment