Sunday, May 2, 2010

30 hrs of day and night...

I saw the movie 30 nigths few days ago during my night shift - a good one (remind me of the WII title - chop till you drop). But I was lucky as it was only a 30hrs shift instead of 30 nights.....


 


CM had gone for his annual “colon” check and I have to start working from noon. The night was good and I am awake here waiting to go off…


 


It would be a major change next week… Our head of MIS is back and he had agreed to get a NAS (Network attached storage) device. Well, I would have to prepare my program for it. I would have to replace the current drive string to a common public variable and later re-direct the path to this new device.



A long , boring and scary job for me. I am really afraid that I would accidentally delete something or change the command leading to major failure. But still, have to keep up the good faith…


I had tried myself over the buffalo NAS after the initial discussion and surprisingly it was as easy as it claimed over the internet. The NAS, which is a linux-based machine is so simple to manage its user. I had copied a mapped drive code elsewhere from the net 1+ yrs ago and it proved to be good mapping the drive with username and password…. So I am prep for the big day sometime next week. I just had to replace the path….


It had been 29 hrs since I start take over the shift and I survived. Well…it would be a 12 hrs rest and another 24hrs shift before I could enjoy a 34 hrs off……the drive to home is definitely a great struggle but luckily I had Fireball’s Torquay and John Barry’s 007 theme rocking all the way with me till home…


No comments:

Post a Comment