Monday, May 31, 2010

Moving the Database



Finally move my database of prescription order and POMR from the “open”, “non-secure”, “anyone could assess and delete” server’s hard disk to the NAS…


More secure to most of the user of coz, still prone to attack by hacker grade user but I doubt anyone in the hospital have the ability to do so…



Well, it took me a few hours of replacing the path and upgrading the core program. Hopefully it would be the last time I moved. The database had growth from 200k to 2.5G in the past 2 years. The MIS dept had given me a space of 250G which can hold for 10 years…so far so good, it had been 3 hrs since the upgrade and no complaint from any user “yet”!!


 


Next step would be the integration of triage score to the HISMAX system. Later, if we had to join the e-medical record program I would have to password protect the path….long way to go and I don’t know if I would be staying for that long….


No comments:

Post a Comment