Monday, May 31, 2010

Surviving Hell Week....

 


It was one of the strenuous weeks in my life… survive though, but with some minor neurological impairment – memory impairment… I tend to forget thing/matter – e.g. I forgot where I placed my hand phone after getting out from the toilet…



I really forgot what was the principle or concept when I agreed to the roster Lem prepared… 24-12-24-24-14-24-24 (black colour = hrs/shift, red = rest hours)


… 4 nights shift in a week… I had done 5 night shift in


a row but that was 12 hrs shift and only covered the ED. However this time, it was different; not the shift, but my age… almost 40 and still struggling with night shift. I told myself should have gone to the recruit seminar organized by the lion city ministry of health….


 


In the future, no more than 3 shift in a week, I claimed…3 months of MMOH pay done in one week, really not that kinda money I should earn around this age…


 


Anyway I celebrated my 39 years birthday this week… job is still unstable as CM is leaving and someone is coming in and taking over the job of head of ED. Well, maybe time for a change for me, as I had discussed with Lem about my future… maybe I would go for sub-specialty training earlier than I expected.


I am still recovering from my memory impairment, I figure this is the worst insult my brain could tolerate… one more jab and that is it – moron I would be….




No comments:

Post a Comment