Saturday, October 9, 2010

East coast tour - gadget

 


I recalled my old high school days – my mother had a good old Raleigh bicycle.



similar model -when I rode it , it was 20+ years old...



It had night lamp powered by dynamo. A dynamo shaped like a small bottle and it make a loud ‘WoWoWo’ when it was engaged to the tire. It really slow one down…..The light was darn dim even the street lamp was brighter. However when it is a useful gadget when one go through a dark alley. During my form 5(senior middle 2) year, the dynamo generated lamp had guided me during the journey to and fro from my house to the school for the night SPM class.



However to ride on a mountain road of an island, I need sometime brighter…














the LED was truly brighter than the traditional lamp.... the front torch was powered with 3 AAA and the back lamp was powered by CR2032 button battery..

The experience was truly fascinating…. Ving was leading the team followed by Yun and Xian. I had to be last rider overseeing the team. Few more islands to ride and they would definitely be handy in the future….


No comments:

Post a Comment