Saturday, October 16, 2010

out of the jam but stranded.....


 


Lem was in a good mood when I stepped in to the 175….That could only mean one thing – he had a good call last night. He had bad call most of the time being called every 15-30 minutes. I took a detour and was lucky that did not strand in the jam; I arrived 20 mins earlier. I had a good chat with Lem.


He broke out the bad news…of the 4 ED physician called up – none of them is coming. The senior one told boss that his wife disagreed because our hospital was too far away from Kaohsiung. The rest of the 3 junior ones said, they don’t want to cover the wards. Our dept supt had told Lem that the management had no plan of hiring any night shift locum at the moment… no plan my ass –even if there is any plan, they won’t be able to get anyone. Two larger hospitals up north had been advertizing for the past 5 years and not even an interview was done. One of it had been head hunting me for the past 3 years- the initial pay offered to me had increased 30% since the first approach.


I had been looking forward to the arrival of the new colleague and new roster but it seems that I am stranded...


No comments:

Post a Comment