Friday, October 8, 2010

Slides



It was lecture week for me…I had done 2 lectures, one for the EMTs and one for the high school teachers. It is an extent of my first aid teaching life…back in SJAM I had tried very hard to fulfill the duty as a medical officer. The slide part was the hardest however after you complete one, it would be simple for me to present it. I found that picture and photo is one of the key to the success of lecture. As most of the students would fall asleep if the slide is fill with words(my very own experience). Back in those days where the google was not the “shrine of search”, I had had to scan the photo myself. However nowadays, most of the photo were “googleed” Only a few amount of the photo was taken(yeap with my SE cybershot). Life was more easier than however the photo searching task still took up most of my time… I had prepared 6 pcs of slide back in for the EMTs(it was a whole day course). I like to put in some “ bloody” photo as it could truly attract the audiences.


The slide preparation is really a technique that needed to build up. The background actually is the hardest part – choosing the background would depends on the lecture place. Use a white base if the room couldn’t be shaded. If a dark room is there than a blue base/dark color base is suitable. One of my college’s lecturer had taught us this basic concept (of using dark/blue base slide in the dark room), later I knew that dark/blue base slide could not be use in a brighter room (very blurrrrr).


I had learnt a lot all the way and trying to help Yun to build up the skill as well(that was school teaches a 4th grader...)


No comments:

Post a Comment