Monday, October 4, 2010

East coast tour - prelude

After the rearrangement of my shift – I would have 2 weekends to enjoy per months. I had always been a outdoor person and I want Yun and Xian to be so… Yun had changed a lot, I remembered few years back, whenever we go on a trip, she would ask me what kind of hotel(how many stars !!1) we would be staying in (in fact she still does, but she would omit the stars part). She had learnt the path of humble life slowly. There is 5 weekends this month and I was scheduled to do the 1st, 3rd and 5th weekend. I was planning for a bicycle trip, but I was greedier than ever- I planned for a Jin Men Island trip – one of the airlines had offered bicycle transportation. I was interested and “google” whatever info I got. It was a frustrated one as the the YJ 256s was 130cm long- 20cm longer that the upper limits.


Giant YJ 256(currently in service)


However I had the feeling of doing another round the island trip – so I switch my focus, there was this island just outside the east coast: GREEN ISLAND. It was a good choice the island is small- round trip was 20km. A boat trip from the pier takes about 50min. Everything seems fine so I planned a 3d2n trip. We would take off in the afternoon and put up a night in the famous east coast hot spring area. On D2 we would take the boat at noon and start our round the island trip. The planning phase was smooth; I got a 4 person room in the hot spring area with the price of 2880.















the Tong Mao Hotel.... chain hot spring pool - swimming pool like...

I got a non-package room in the Green island, it cost 1600 with a great view.


great view.....


The most important part is – CLEAN(review from the net by some backpacker said so…). A package in Green Island would include a motor bike, snorkeling and meals. The hot spring stay was an excitement for Xian as he was looking forward to a play in the swimming pool… There was another challenge was us – night ride … There was this ocean water hot spring on the Green Island – only 11 countries in the world had such hot spring. We had planned to dip in it and the most suitable time to do so was in the evening. My plan was to reach the hot spring by 4-5pm and enjoyed the natural gift. However the hot spring is 8 km from the place we would be staying. That means we would have to ride in the dark. A good opportunity to expose the 3 young riders(have to count Ving in) to the night riding environment. The preparation was expensive – I had bought 4 LED torch light (650 each minus the rechargeable batteries). Back light was also neede(440 each). The results are astonishing as the brightness was truly amazing.($$$$$ of coz...) We took off as planned.....


No comments:

Post a Comment