Friday, February 3, 2012

inappropriate....


It’s my life shift before heading back to Malaysia…I got a call from the radiologist asking me about the condition of a patient admitted to ICU…He told me except a left ovarian cyst , there is nothing notable for an ICU patient who had been sent for abd CT[2 non-enhance and 1 enchane] 3 times within 10 hrs


The patient , 19 y/o girl is a victim of MVA, she had fallen from bike and noted with dizziness and left abdomen pain. She came at 10pm and CT from head to buttock was ordered and later at 2am, another abd CT was ordered as she still c/o pain. In the morning at 8am, another abd CT c CM was ordered as pain was till noted.


How pain she was ??? her abd was soft and no rebound was noted when I saw her prior to her last scan.


The radiologist was anxious and he told me he is going up to the ICU to see the patient in person, he was afraid that he had missed something. It had been very rare to ordered a repeat CT in a short instance and a triple CT was way beyond acceptable…think of the radiation -> over a 19 y/o female…


Well, I told the radiologist that our colleague K was a careful person and the radiologist grinned…


I had disagreed with many of some people “SOP” but still had to coup with them as we are “colleague” and sometimes I may need help, so nothing to shout nor yell….


No comments:

Post a Comment