Monday, February 20, 2012

Malaysia traffic - attitude

I had always thought that the Taiwanese had bad driving attitude. But this trip , I found that  I am wrong.


Traffic had become very heavy since I left Malaysia 9 years ago. The amount of car had increased and biker had decrease leading to the JAM…..I had remembered once a story related by my dad. There was this Mat Salleh (Caucasian, in malay) who came to Malaysia for a tour. He was unable to tolerate the spicy Malaysia food and saw the sign “24 JAM” hanging  at some of the petrol station. So he decided to buy a lot of bread along his drive from KL to JB(no high way then). He had later arrived at a petrol station with a similar sign and enter the office ( no mesra shop of coz then) and find the manager inside. He told the manager – I wanted to buy jam, the manager replied,”we open 24 jam but no selling jam…”


During the strand in the traffic, I had noticed that most of the vehicle had only 1 passenger, the driver. That is the cause of the traffic jam…although road had been built in the past but still it never catches up the speed of car owning…


I had finally realized that why traffic branch named the operation “ops sikap” – There Malaysian drivers had attitude problem ..


Some of the drivers tend to omit the speed limit, driving at 110km/h in the middle lane, I had many car over-passing me at the inner-lane like falcon. Most of the speeders are not performance car but Saga and Myvi. Without the TCS/ESP system and upgraded braking system, I doubt they could maneuver in a desperate condition.


Unlike most of the speeder/offender in Taiwan who tends to avoid the blocker by switching lane , Malaysia speeder/offender likes to flash their head light and closing in as close as possible to the car blocking their way, I regard their act as “ini jalan Gua punya Bapak punya, Siam la…”


I had been a traffic offender in the past, pushing my Z to the limit, I was comfortable with the control as Z had excellent maneuver capability…. for the past 1 year, I started my path of repentance under teaching from the LORD, no speeding, no offence, no grey area when driving and the conclusion of obvious – stepping the oil pedal hard does not guarantee a faster arrival most of the time the time difference would be 5-10 minutes…so why burn money ?


 


No comments:

Post a Comment