Monday, June 18, 2012

filial ....(1st time I use this word...)



Lem passed over this patient to me….a 70 y/o male which was found sitting at the crematorium nearby our hospital. The worker had found him unresponsive and he was sent over to us by local rescue ambulance. Lem saw him at noon and he was alert (hand to face test was done and his hand did not land on his face…). He had however refuse to response /answer all our question. I took over the case at six and he refused to answer my question. Later in the night, he started to talk but was able to give us only a phone number.


We had managed to contact one of his son and he said he would communicate with his brother and decide who would come to get him; it was 10+pm then.


He is also a case of uremia on hemodialysis. He was supposed to get his dialysis on that day. I had planned to get him hemodialyses in the morning if he is still around.


I called up the hemodialysis center he was receiving his regular hemodialysis to get some basis data. The nurse told me that he had two sons and 1 daughter. The daughter stay up north and he took turns staying in his sons house. The 2 sons did not call up and the patient decided he wanted to take a train back to his house….I let him do so as he was alert and was able to move around with good appetite...


One of our nurses called up his son at 7am that morning and the son told the nurse that we are harassing him….


Well….where is the fundamental family value…I felt pity for the old man….at leaving, he had told our staff he had gone to crematorium because he wanted to be cremated and get some peace…indeed with this kinda of sons....


I had seen many off spring who is not filial to their parents. It always serves as a reminder to me. If you treat your old folks badly, than that is what you will get from you children, but still, if you treat them good, it doesn’t guarantee you child would do it to you. Seems like a losing investment but still just can't be calculative about everything....at least I could sleep comfortly in the night...


 


No comments:

Post a Comment