Thursday, June 21, 2012

ye how nga gan ji hang....

It had been raining for the past few weeks, not surprise during this plum raining season. The weather is affected by the southwest monsoon… with the 2 typhoon Talim and Guchol surrounding the Taiwan, it was speculated to be the worst raining session ever. The local govt. had declared a holiday on 6/20 and the kids were happy. I did not enjoy the leave as I had to go to work anyway.


Driving to work is a challenging task even though the road is not expected to be flooded but the water pooling along the roadside cause a splash from time to time proved to be some fun driving across it. Z was a good car but still it shortcoming was the height, it is just a wagon but with Fefe, I lost the fun of maneuvering but gain the confident of driving through minor flood, I always remembered my dad’s advice – [ye how nga gan ji hang[Cantonese] ]drive through with 2nd gear, never stops or else – if water enter your exhaust pipe, you are done…


….I had a smooth drive as the was only a handful of car during the drive. It was raining intermittently with no heavy down pour.


The rain had become smaller in the midnight and I had a hard call….


I had encountered a tough drive during a heavy rainy day back in Malaysia. The rain was so heavy that I could barely see the road with my wiper at its maximum speed. However I had multiple similar encounter here in Taiwan and getting used to it...


It is one of the worst year, rain and earth quake here and there, I really missed Malaysia which is relatively disaster free….


No comments:

Post a Comment