Thursday, June 21, 2012

lou hang....

I had this lady who met an accident few days ago. She was involved in a bike vs bike accident. I had a chat with her while waiting for her wound to be cleaned up. She told me that the accident occurred at a traffic light junction. I told her that it would be a 50-50 case as the both the rider would claimed that the opposite party is the offender….Well, indeed the young chap turned up and told the police the story later…


Well the parents of the young chap came and after the police investigation. I told the lady the xray did not revealed any bony fracture and the young chap’s father asked me would it be better if an xray is being ordered. I told him serious that I would not be standing there telling the lady that her bone is ok if no x ray was taken.


Later on discharge, the father against asked me in front of the lady that would it be better to give a tetanus toxoid jab. The act frus me and I told him,” I won’t be discharging my patient if I had not done my job”. The father told me,” no lah, just do reminding of each other..” this really irritated me, “ do you thing that I am a first day on my job fresh graduate who need reminding on such basic job…?” I told him in a firm voice while looking into his eyes and walk off after a few seconds… Could have stay back and humiliate him further by telling him that this is not the way to act in real life, but still he is like 20+ years senior than me in life… well, just cut it..but while walking to my desk, the word, "lou hang" [cantonese] (老坑) came into my thought and I just grinned for a good 5 minutes.


The word "lou hang" is just another way of saying "lou hon"(老漢) in cantonese in a disrespectful way.... an old guy with no proper manner....nice term for the old chap even though he wore a proper attire...


I had met lots of people who came to ED ordering the medical team for this and that acting like they are so concerned about the victim…most of them had a little knowledge about medical but this make them look more like a fool…


No comments:

Post a Comment